Bondi Resort Blog

Come on into our Blog for a look at the wonderful world we've got to share! With over 240 hectares (600 acres) of wilderness woodlands surrounding the resort, just ten minutes from Algonquin Park, we feature over 400 metres (1200’) of waterfront and beach; boat rentals; summer hiking trails winding through fields and woods; 20 km. of groomed cross country ski trails and snowshoeing in winter; access to nearby snowmobile trails for sledders, and a toboggan hill for the young at heart.
www.bondi-village-resort.com

Friday, December 30, 2011

Shopping, not Dropping

I was in town yesterday -- Taffy spent the afternoon at Dog Gone Beautiful, and came home looking just that... dog-gone beautiful. 





While she was enjoying the spa treatment, I was on a mission to find a particular book. Which lead me into the Mall.  No crowds, lots of parking, and oh my, the Boxing Day Sales prices are still in full cry.



One of my favourite stores, The Clothes Closet, had amazing deals.  Slightly fewer amazing deals after I spent some time there...



I truly enjoy shopping locally. Not only does it help the economy here, it helps my friends and neighbours. It's really lovely to find friends behind the counters or in the aisles, ready and willing to help you. (and in this case, Jocelyn kept bringing me clothes from the various racks, because she knows me, knows what I like...   The shoe store is the same, they have a file wherein they keep information on styles, sizes, etc. that you have shown a fondness for. I love that)  Huntsville has a wonderful array of stores that offer unique CANADIAN MADE products.  I love that, too!



David did Christmas shopping in town too.  One gift he gave was a collection of hand-made soaps from Soaps Stones, on Brunel Road. This is a store that David describes as "the best smelling store in the World." 


Darla -- we must admit -- does whip up an impressive line of soaps, lotions, bath salts and the like, all of which smell absolutely divine and most of which are made right there.  It's right next door to Taffy's Spa, so I stuck my nose in there for a therapeutic 'sniff' as well. 

 David's analysis could well be correct.  You sort of exhale tension as soon as you step inside.

So here's a cheer to our local stores, storekeepers, entreprenuers, artisans and craftspeople.  Here's to the people who frequent those establishments, and here's to the unique, the locally made, the different. And here's to a shopping experience that is devoid of the hassle, crowds, frantic frenzy that seems to permeate the season, while offering prices that really are amazing.

Hooray for Here!

No comments:

Post a Comment