Bondi Resort Blog

Come on into our Blog for a look at the wonderful world we've got to share! With over 240 hectares (600 acres) of wilderness woodlands surrounding the resort, just ten minutes from Algonquin Park, we feature over 400 metres (1200’) of waterfront and beach; boat rentals; summer hiking trails winding through fields and woods; 20 km. of groomed cross country ski trails and snowshoeing in winter; access to nearby snowmobile trails for sledders, and a toboggan hill for the young at heart.
www.bondi-village-resort.com

Thursday, January 26, 2012

Over the Hill and onto the Trails!

My timing with the camera has been off this week.

Either that, or the battery was drained.  Which meant that I spent the week just missing the best photos of the year so far.   I have fingers crossed that our guests will bail me out, and email me some of their photos!

We had kids having a total blast on the toboggan hill.  We had a group that snowshoed up the mountain (and I kick myself for missing THAT photo -- three of them, bright spots of colour, seen through the leafless trees)  And this week we had the Over the Hill Gang here, snowshoeing, skiing and hiking.  Although we had rain on Monday, that soon turned to snow, and Brian was able to get the trails groomed and gorgeous.

But you have to take my word for it... because my timing with the camera was bad...

For anyone thinking of coming north to see what a Canadian winter should look like, to try skiing, snowshoeing, bird watching, or just enjoying a sunset across a frozen lake, North Muskoka has what you're looking for. Winter's here.

No comments:

Post a Comment