Bondi Resort Blog

Come on into our Blog for a look at the wonderful world we've got to share! With over 240 hectares (600 acres) of wilderness woodlands surrounding the resort, just ten minutes from Algonquin Park, we feature over 400 metres (1200’) of waterfront and beach; boat rentals; summer hiking trails winding through fields and woods; 20 km. of groomed cross country ski trails and snowshoeing in winter; access to nearby snowmobile trails for sledders, and a toboggan hill for the young at heart.
www.bondi-village-resort.com

Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Outstanding in her Field

The fact that the gardens look awesome is down to Carol, who puts endless hours of labout into them.  Her ability and determination to weed is truly inspirational...


The lettuce is up -- and needed water. The potatoes are up, and need saving from voracious beetles.  The corn is not yet as high as anything's eye, really, but it's trying.

The flowers are coming into their summer glory...

And I am reminded of one of my very favourite poems:






A SONG OF GROWING
Lord, give me thankfulness
For things to do:
A house to keep, a floor to sweep,
A window I must clean, if sun
May enter through.
Give me acceptance, Lord,
Of bricks that bind.
Oh, stoop and bless the chores that press,
That I may learn within these walls
A quiet mind.
Yet for my garden I
Am grateful now.
It seems not toil to turn the soil,
To nurse and tend the growing things,
To prune the bough.

I thank Thee in captivity for green
And blossom blowing,
And give Thee back, Who walks my paths unseen
A song of growing.

Anne Page



No comments:

Post a Comment