Bondi Resort Blog

Come on into our Blog for a look at the wonderful world we've got to share! With over 240 hectares (600 acres) of wilderness woodlands surrounding the resort, just ten minutes from Algonquin Park, we feature over 400 metres (1200’) of waterfront and beach; boat rentals; summer hiking trails winding through fields and woods; 20 km. of groomed cross country ski trails and snowshoeing in winter; access to nearby snowmobile trails for sledders, and a toboggan hill for the young at heart.
www.bondi-village-resort.com

Saturday, February 28, 2015

Life Imitates Art. Art Makes Life Better



North Muskoka has always been a powerful magnet for artists.  There are coffee table books jammed with pictures of the incredible creations that happen here.

The Group of Seven hung out up here. There is currently an original  A.Y. Jackson painting available in Huntsville at The Framing Place.  It is well out of my price point, but it might well be within yours.

I make a point of having artwork that is made by my friends and neighbours. Not only does it support the community, it fills my house with joy.


There are Studio Tours that coincide with the autumn colours. There are summer exhibitions. And now, in Huntsville, there is a new centre for our artists, in the old Train Station in Huntsville, and there is a charming show currently staged there.  You should come up, during March. You should go skiing, snowshoeing, sit by a burning fire, watch the deer cross the lake, sign the kids up for the Ski School at Hidden Valley...








And you should go to these exhibitions. You should drop in on the artists in their studios (most are open by chance or appointment -- so phone first).  You will be amazed. You will be delighted. You will be enriched.





Every year I discover new and brilliant works from amazing artists.  This year, I have found Mark Kulacs' studio.... 

This may not be a good thing for my bank balance... (after all, I still have to go and collect my latest purchase from Lorraine Thayer, of Bearly Thayer Studios in Bobcaygeon -- I fell hard for "Cave Cow" -- for the sheer joy and whimsy of it -- and it s coming home to live with me.  The only downside of this is that I have no wall space left... but that is a minor detail. 



I think I'll have to open up some space for one of Mark Kulac's works as well!)

1 comment: