Bondi Resort Blog

Come on into our Blog for a look at the wonderful world we've got to share! With over 240 hectares (600 acres) of wilderness woodlands surrounding the resort, just ten minutes from Algonquin Park, we feature over 400 metres (1200’) of waterfront and beach; boat rentals; summer hiking trails winding through fields and woods; 20 km. of groomed cross country ski trails and snowshoeing in winter; access to nearby snowmobile trails for sledders, and a toboggan hill for the young at heart.
www.bondi-village-resort.com

Thursday, March 18, 2010

Fly Away Home



What a beautiful contrail we had etched in the sky tonight.
Don't you wonder who is in those planes? Where they are headed? Where they're coming from?
Wherever, the weather could not have been nicer than we've been enjoying this week!

2 comments:

  1. I don't know, Nancy! I look at it and see pollution; noise, air, and wonder what G8 will bring! They buzzed us 4 x's the other day. It is irritating. Despoils the beauty of the day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, yes and no, Jill... I really hope you were NOT buzzed by one of the puppies that draws these contrails on the sky... You, Brian and the cats would be hiding under the desk in that instance :)
    Being buzzed by small planes is unnecessary and annoying -- perhaps they were 'wing waggling' at friends of theirs who live near you?
    I have a soft spot for float planes -- my Dad was a dyed-in-the-wool bush pilot. My brother still flies the little Piper PA11 that was Dad's pride and joy. It's not very loud -- the planes in your pictures are what Dad called me "Push Me Pull You's", and yes, they are noisy creatures. Bush planes, to me, sound like my Dad coming home... But I agree if they just keep buzzing over low level, that's a pain indeed!
    The G8 will be one heck of a party -- 802 house trailers are going into the site at Huntsville to house workers/security/etc... 5000 people in that 'park' alone. Yippee!

    ReplyDelete