Bondi Resort Blog

Come on into our Blog for a look at the wonderful world we've got to share! With over 240 hectares (600 acres) of wilderness woodlands surrounding the resort, just ten minutes from Algonquin Park, we feature over 400 metres (1200’) of waterfront and beach; boat rentals; summer hiking trails winding through fields and woods; 20 km. of groomed cross country ski trails and snowshoeing in winter; access to nearby snowmobile trails for sledders, and a toboggan hill for the young at heart.
www.bondi-village-resort.com

Sunday, August 3, 2014

Dwight Fire Fest

 

Firefest gets better every year.


Which is saying something, because it has always been a terrific show.

I cannot say it any better than this quote from my good friend Sharon, "I just have to give the greatest kudos to our Lake of Bays Fire Dept, and ALL those who helped them, for putting on a fantastic fireworks on Dwight Beach last night. It has been a few years since I was able to attend, and I see that you have only gotten bigger and better. On behalf of myself, and any one else who has required either medical assistance, or needed the fire trucks, and the expertise which our volunteers respond, may I say how proud I am of all of you, for your dedication, and how thankful for your presence in this community!


What a fabulous night for fireworks, and what a perfect venue, out over Dwight Bay.





There must have been over 200 boats out on the lake, their navigation lights all squiggly in the distance.  And on shore? Well I heard an estimate of 2000 people. I couldn't say -- but there were a LOT of folk out enjoying the beach, the evening, the entertainment (thank you to Tobin Spring)


I have a new camera, so I'm trying out features such as the fireworks setting...  I was pretty pleased with some of these, including the squiggles of the boats on the bay.





but you really don't get the feel of fireworks from a still photo. Fireworks are all about the snap, the noise, the burst of colour and the changing lights.   So... here's a short video clip. Enjoy.










1 comment:

  1. Spectacular shots! I've attended the fire fest, and it's an amazing fireworks show.

    ReplyDelete