Bondi Resort Blog

Come on into our Blog for a look at the wonderful world we've got to share! With over 240 hectares (600 acres) of wilderness woodlands surrounding the resort, just ten minutes from Algonquin Park, we feature over 400 metres (1200’) of waterfront and beach; boat rentals; summer hiking trails winding through fields and woods; 20 km. of groomed cross country ski trails and snowshoeing in winter; access to nearby snowmobile trails for sledders, and a toboggan hill for the young at heart.
www.bondi-village-resort.com

Thursday, March 15, 2012

Is There Anybody There?

Here is another short video clip of a sound.  Since I seem to lack the techno-savvy to record just the audio and upload it, I am reduced to this method, of taking a video clip of the darkest night and letting you play it back just to listen.

This lone wolf was up on the hill near the Solar array on March 13.  I heard the pack howling earlier in the evening, about 10.30, when Taffy, Achmed and I sauntered up to put the horses and chickens to bed for the night.  This solitary wolf chimed in about half an hour later. 

Knowing the pack is in this close got me all tingly, so the guests here for the March Break came out with me to see Stars, learn constellations (Mars is glorious just now, as are Jupiter and Venus!) and to give a little listen.   Mars is currently lying in the constellation Leo -- we learned how to find that by lining up the back two stars in the Big Dipper and following them in the opposite direction to the North Star until they brought us to Regulus.

Naturally, when I went out with guests on the 14th, we didn't get a reply... seems to be just my luck this winter when trying to get the wolves to sing to me.  This clip, however, can ride to my rescue, proving that the Wolf Pack IS here, and in fine voice.

1 comment: