Bondi Resort Blog

Come on into our Blog for a look at the wonderful world we've got to share! With over 240 hectares (600 acres) of wilderness woodlands surrounding the resort, just ten minutes from Algonquin Park, we feature over 400 metres (1200’) of waterfront and beach; boat rentals; summer hiking trails winding through fields and woods; 20 km. of groomed cross country ski trails and snowshoeing in winter; access to nearby snowmobile trails for sledders, and a toboggan hill for the young at heart.
www.bondi-village-resort.com

Tuesday, July 28, 2015

Okay, then...

'You called?'
So here is how it goes...

 Me: haven't heard the wolf pack much this summer. I wonder if they're close enough that we'll get any response when we go out after the cookout for Dark Skies and Wolf Howls... My record this summer has been poor.

Megan (who lives right next door to Bondi) Oh, they're back! They were right outside our house last night, sounded like they were practically on our deck!

Brian: Yep. There's nine of them.

Long silent pause.

Megan and I: and you know this because?

Brian: I was biking last evening, and heard them in the back field, so I stopped and howled. They came trotting across the field to take a look at me. Nine. 

Me: And?

Brian: oh, I just kept on biking..
.
Me: okay then..

(which fact, we hasten to add, does not in any way mean that they will grace us with a howl tonight after the Cookout...  but I have my fingers crossed!)

1 comment:

  1. They do tend to stick around a few days this time of year... hopefully you'll get lucky.

    ReplyDelete